Author: Rakhitha Nimesh Ratnayake
Pub Date: 2016
Size: 10 Mb
Build rapid web applications with cutting-edge technologies using WordPress.
WordPress is one of the most rapidly expanding markets on the Web. Learning how to build complex and scalable web applications will give you the ability and knowledge to step into the future of WordPress.
This book is a practical, scenario-based guide to expanding the power of the WordPress core modules to develop modular and maintainable real-world applications from scratch. This book will consistently emphasize adapting WordPress features into web applications. It will walk you through the advanced usages of existing features such as access controlling, database handling, custom post types, pluggable plugins, routing, translation, caching, and many more while you build the backend of a portfolio management application.
After reading this book, you will have the ability to develop powerful web applications rapidly within limited time frames.
What You Will Learn
- Develop extendable plugins with the use of WordPress features in core modules
- Develop pluggable modules to extend the core features of WordPress as independent modules
- Follow WordPress coding standards to develop reusable and maintainable code
- Build and customize themes beyond conventional web layouts
- Explore the power of core database tables and understand the limitations when designing database tables for large applications
- Integrate open source modules into WordPress applications to keep up with the latest open source technologies
- Customize the WordPress admin section and themes to create the look and feel of a typical web application
This book is intended for WordPress developers and designers who want to develop quality web applications within a limited time frame and for maximum profit. Prior knowledge of basic web development and design is assumed.
Table of Contents
1: WordPress as a Web Application Framework
2: Implementing Membership Roles, Permissions, and Features
3: Planning and Customizing Core Database
4: Building Blocks of Web Applications
5: Developing Pluggable Modules
6: Customizing the Dashboard for Powerful Backends
7: Adjusting Theme for Amazing Frontends
8: Enhancing the Power of Open Source Libraries and Plugins
9: Listening to Third-party Applications
10: Integrating and Finalizing the Portfolio Management Application
11: Supplementary Modules for Web Development
Appendix: Configurations, Tools, and Resources