Author: Karol Król
Pub Date: 2017
Format: EPUB/AZW3/PDF (conv)
Size: 36 Mb
An integrated approach to website development using WordPress
WordPress Complete, Sixth Edition is a practical guide for everyone who wants to start their journey as an online publisher, website owner, or even a website developer. It takes you step-by-step through the process of planning out and building your site, and offers loads of screenshots and examples along the way. It’s also a beginner’s guide to theme and plugin development.
This book begins with the basics of WordPress, followed by the different components that you as a developer will need to use to work swiftly and efficiently.
The book starts by introducing WordPress to new readers in this field. You are then shown how to set it up, implement a blog, and use plug-ins and widgets. You’ll use themes to make any website look and feel better and more original. You also learn how to create your own themes and perform testing to ensure your website is bug-free. You will also acquire some idea of how to use WordPress for non-blog-like websites.
By the end of the book, you will feel confident enough to design high-quality websites and will be familiar with the ins and outs of WordPress.
What You Will Learn
- What WordPress is, where to get it, and how to launch your website quickly using it.
- How to publish your first content (a blog post or article).
- What the most important sub-pages of a quality website are, and how to create them in WordPress.
- How to upload multimedia content such as images, audio, and video.
- How to install and work with plugins and widgets.
- Where to find quality themes and how to install them.
- How to develop your own WordPress plugins and themes.