Author: Ahmed Sherif
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 100 Mb
Learn to get the most out of your business data to optimize your business
Business Intelligence (BI) is at the crux of revolutionizing enterprise. Everyone wants to minimize losses and maximize profits. Thanks to Big Data and improved methodologies to analyze data, Data Analysts and Data Scientists are increasingly using data to make informed decisions. Just knowing how to analyze data is not enough, you need to start thinking how to use data as a business asset and then perform the right analysis to build an insightful BI solution. Efficient BI strives to achieve the automation of data for ease of reporting and analysis.
Through this book, you will develop the ability to think along the right lines and use more than one tool to perform analysis depending on the needs of your business. We start off by preparing you for data analytics. We then move on to teach you a range of techniques to fetch important information from various databases, which can be used to optimize your business.
The book aims to provide a full end-to-end solution for an environment setup that can help you make informed business decisions and deliver efficient and automated BI solutions to any company.
It is a complete guide for implementing Business intelligence with the help of the most powerful tools like D3.js, R, Tableau, Qlikview and Python that are available on the market.
What you will learn
- Create a BI environment that enables self-service reporting
- Understand SQL and the aggregation of data
- Develop a data model suitable for analytical reporting
- Connect a data warehouse to the analytic reporting tools
- Understand the specific benefits behind visualizations with D3.js, R, Tableau, QlikView, and Python
- Get to know the best practices to develop various reports and applications when using BI tools
- Explore the field of data analysis with all the data we will use for reporting
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Practical Business Intelligence
2. Web Scraping
3. Analysis with Excel and Creating Interactive Maps and Charts with Power BI
4. Creating Bar Charts with D3.js
5. Forecasting with R
6. Creating Histograms and Normal Distribution Plots with Python
7. Creating a Sales Dashboard with Tableau
8. Creating an Inventory Dashboard with QlikSense
9. Data Analysis with Microsoft SQL Server