Author: Julie C. Meloni
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 51 Mb
Regardless of whether you run Linux, Windows, or MacOS, the book includes complete instructions to install all the software you need to set up a stable environment for learning, testing, and production.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common web application development tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Learn how to:
- Build web pages with HTML5 and CSS
- Enhance interactivity with AJAX
- Work with cookies and user sessions
- Get user input with web-based forms
- Use basic SQL commands
- Interact with the MySQL database using PHP
- Write maintainable code and get started with version control
- Decide when frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, React, Angular, and Laravel can be useful
- Create a web-based discussion forum or calendar
- Add a storefront and shopping cart to your site