Author: Adolfo Eloy Nascimento
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 20 Mb
Protect your web applications using Spring Security
Efficiently integrate OAuth 2.0 to protect your mobile, desktop, Cloud applications and APIs using Spring Security technologies.
OAuth 2.0 is a standard protocol for authorization and focuses on client development simplicity while providing specific authorization flows for web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and so on. This book also provides useful recipes for solving real-life problems using Spring Security and creating Android applications.
The book starts by presenting you how to interact with some public OAuth 2.0 protected APIs such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. You will also be able to implement your own OAuth 2.0 provider with Spring Security OAuth2. Next, the book will cover practical scenarios regarding some important OAuth 2.0 profiles such as Dynamic Client Registration, Token Introspection and how to revoke issued access tokens. You will then be introduced to the usage of JWT, OpenID Connect, and how to safely implement native mobile OAuth 2.0 Clients.
By the end of this book, you will be able to ensure that both the server and client are protected against common vulnerabilities.
What You Will Learn
- Use Redis and relational databases to store issued access tokens and refresh tokens
- Access resources protected by the OAuth2 Provider using Spring Security
- Implement a web application that dynamically registers itself to the Authorization Server
- Improve the safety of your mobile client using dynamic client registration
- Protect your Android client with Proof Key for Code Exchange
- Protect the Authorization Server from invalid redirection