Author: Erich de Souza Oliveira
Pub Date: 2017
Format: EPUB/AZW3/PDF (conv)
Size: 16 Mb
Expand your boundaries by creating applications empowered with real-time data using RxJs without compromising performance
If you’re struggling to handle a large amount of data and don’t know how to improve your code readability, then reactive programming is the right solution for you. It lets you describe how your code behaves when changes happen and makes it easier to deal with real-time data. This book will teach you what reactive programming is, and how you can use it to write better applications.
Moving on, you’ll explore the RxJs API, be introduced to the problem of data traffic (backpressure), and see how you can mitigate it. You’ll also learn about other important operators that can help improve your code readability, and you’ll see how to use transducers to compose operators.
At the end of the book, you’ll get hands-on experience of using RxJs, and will create a real-time web chat using RxJs on the client and server, providing you with the complete package to master RxJs.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know the basics of functional reactive programming using RxJs
- Process a continuous flow of data with linear memory consumption
- Filter, group, and react to changes in your system
- Discover how to deal with data traffic
- Compose operators to create new operators and use them in multiple observables to avoid code repetition
- Explore transducers and see how they can improve your code readability
- Detect and recover from errors in observables using Retry and Catch operators
- Create your own reactive application: a real-time webchat
- Build a modern single-page web application
- Understand the workflow of an Aurelia application
- Design reusable web components, which can be shared and integrated into various frameworks and libraries
- Write clean, modular, and testable code that will be easy to maintain and evolve
- Use all the latest–and even future–web standards, so the application gathers minimal technical debt