Author: Guillaume Lazar, Robin Penea
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 53 Mb
Master application development by writing succinct, robust, and reusable code with Qt 5
Qt 5.7 is an application development framework that provides a great user experience and develops full-capability applications with Qt Widgets, QML, and even Qt 3D.
This book will address challenges in successfully developing cross-platform applications with the Qt framework. Cross-platform development needs a well-organized project. Using this book, you will have a better understanding of the Qt framework and the tools to resolve serious issues such as linking, debugging, and multithreading. Your journey will start with the new Qt 5 features.
Then you will explore different platforms and learn to tame them. Every chapter along the way is a logical step that you must take to master Qt. The journey will end in an application that has been tested and is ready to be shipped.
What You Will Learn
- Create stunning UIs with Qt Widget and Qt Quick
- Develop powerful, cross-platform applications with the Qt framework
- Design GUIs with the Qt Designer and build a library in it for UI preview
- Handle user interaction with the Qt signal/slot mechanism in C++
- Prepare a cross-platform project to host a third-party library
- Build a Qt application using the OpenCV API
- Use the Qt Animation framework to display stunning effects
- Deploy mobile apps with Qt and embedded platforms
Table of Contents
1. Get Your Qt Feet Wet
2. Discovering QMake Secrets
3. Dividing Your Project and Ruling Your Code
4. Conquering the Desktop UI
5. Dominating the Mobile UI
6. Even Qt Deserves a Slice of Raspberry Pi
7. Third-Party Libraries Without a Headache
8. Animations – Its Alive, Alive!
9. Keeping Your Sanity with Multithreading
10. Need IPC? Get Your Minions to Work
11. Having Fun with Serialization
12. You Shall (Not) Pass with QTest
13. All Packed and Ready to Deploy
14. Qt Hat Tips and Tricks