Author: Rabindra Sah
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 50 Mb
The compilation of best skillset to harness Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Administrators, Consultants, and Developers
The book begins by giving you a brief introduction to setting up your NAV environment and shows you how to install and configure it according to your requirements. You will then dive deep into the latest design patterns, network architecture, and topologies. We will show you how you can integrate NAV with the Microsoft platform, and secure your deployment by managing roles and permissions.
Moving on, we will explain how to monitor and manage server instances using the Administration tool. We’ll discuss how you can take advantage of the expanded extensibility and connectivity capabilities for a tighter integration with the cloud as well as handheld devices. Then, we’ll show you how you can make use of the PowerBI capabilities that have been built into Dynamics NAV.
By the end of the book, you will be confident in developing and administering a Dynamics NAV implementation that will leverage all of the new features.
What You Will Learn
- Installing the NAV system in different environments
- Implementing the system with the correct setup
- Maintaining the system to get the best possible performance
- Tuning up the Dynamics NAV to get better outcomes
- The Version Control strategy for Dynamics NAV developers
- Integrating other software and features to remove limitations
- Understanding your own system better
- Being able to solve customers’ problems with “out-of-the-box” features
- Reducing customization and additional development time
This book is ideal for administrators, developers, and consultants who are looking to take their knowledge of Dynamics NAV to new heights. You’re expected to have a basic knowledge of Dynamics NAV workflows and C/AL, C/SIDE development.
Table of Contents
1. Microsoft Dynamics NAV Installation
2. Upgraded Features and Configuration in Dynamics NAV 2016
3. The C/AL and VB Programming
4. Testing and Debugging
5. Design and Development Considerations
6. Version Control and Code Management
7. Tuning Up the NAV System
8. Security in Dynamics NAV 2016
9. Upgrade and Migration
10. Interfacing NAV with Other Applications
11. Extending Dynamics NAV 2016
12. The Future of NAV