Author: Dr. Edward Lavieri, Peter Verhas
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 61 Mb
Your road to becoming a Java Ninja begins here!
Java 9 and its new features add to the richness of the language, one of the languages most used by developers to build robust software applications. Java 9 comes with a special emphasis on modularity with its integration with Jigsaw. This would be your one-stop guide to mastering the language.
You’ll be provided with an overview and explanation of the new features introduced in Java 9 and the importance of the new APIs and enhancements. Some of the new features of Java 9 are ground-breaking and if you are an experienced programmer, you will be able to make your enterprise application leaner by learning these new features. You’ll be provided with practical guidance in applying the newly acquired knowledge in regards to Java 9 and further information on future developments of the Java platform. This book will improve your productivity, making your application faster. By learning the best practices in Java, you’ll become the “go-to” person in your organization.
By the end of the book, you’ll not only know the important concepts of Java 9, but you’ll also have a nuanced understanding of the important aspects of programming with this great language.
What You Will Learn
- Write modular Java applications in terms of the newly introduced module system
- Migrate existing Java applications to modular ones
- Understand how to use the G1 garbage collector in order to leverage the performance of your applications
- Leverage the possibilities provided the newly introduced Java shell
- Test your application’s effectiveness with the JVM harness
- See how Java 9 provides support for the http 2.0 standard
- Use the new process API
- Discover additional enhancements and features provided by Java 9