English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 1h 51m | 1.08 GB
eLearning | Skill level: Intermediate
IBM Kitura is a web framework that allows iOS developers to take their existing Swift skills to the cloud. In this course, learn how to get started with server-side Swift—often considered to be the new frontier for the Swift language—using IBM Kitura. Instructor Mohammad Azam starts by showing how to set up a Kitura project from scratch. Next, he takes a look at how you can return JSON responses to users using this framework, including how to convert model classes into a JSON format. After that, he highlights different ways that Kitura can help you read user data, and demonstrates how to integrate Kitura with a PostgreSQL database. Finally, he explains how to integrate a Kitura web API with an iOS app.
- Reviewing the concepts behind server-side Swift programming
- Different server-side Swift frameworks
- Setting up a Kitura project
- Adding HeliumLogger for debugging
- Accessing JSON passed parameters using Kitura.
- Reading URL parameters and URL encoded form parameters
- Configuring the PostgreSQL database
- Fetching, inserting, and deleting records from the database
- Integrating a Kitura API with an iPhone app