Author: Nikhil Malankar
Pub Date: 2017
Format: EPUB/AZW3/PDF (conv)
Size: 19 Mb
Learn the art of making Android games and turn your game development dreams into reality
In this book, we’ll start with installing Android studio and its components, and setting it up ready for Android N. We teach you how to take inputs from users, create images and interact with them, and work with sprites to create animations. You’ll then explore the various collision detection methods and use sprites to create an explosion. Moving on, you’ll go through the process of UI creation and see how to create buttons as well as display the score and other parameters on screen.
By the end of the book, you will have a working example and an understanding of a 2D platform game like Super Mario and know how to convert your 2D games to 3D games.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the nuts and bolts of developing highly interactive and interesting games for Android N
- Link the interface to the code used in games through simple methods
- Interact with the images on the screen and also learn to animate them
- Set and save the game state and save high scores, hit points, and so on for your games
- Get a grasp of various collision techniques and implement the bounding box technique
- Convert your 2D games to 3D games using Android N
- Get an understanding of the process of UI creation using Android Studio