Author: Craig Clayton
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 85 Mb
Learn iOS 11 Programming with Swift 4 – Second Edition: Learn the fundamentals of iOS app development with Swift 4 and Xcode 9
Begin your iOS development journey using Swift 4 and XCode 9 with this easy to learn, practical guide
You want to build iOS applications but where do you start? Forget sifting through tutorials and blog posts, this book is a direct route into iOS development, taking you through the basics and showing you how to put the principles into practice. So take advantage of this developer-friendly guide and start building applications that may just take the App Store by storm!
Whether you’re an experienced programmer or a complete novice, this book guides you through every facet of iOS development. From Xcode and Swift, the building blocks of modern iOS development, you’ll quickly gain a solid foundation to begin venturing deeper into your development journey. Experienced programmers can jump right in and learn the latest iOS 11 features.
You’ll also learn advanced topics of iOS design, such as gestures and animations, to give your app the edge. Explore the latest developments in Swift 4 and iOS 11 by incorporating new features, custom-rich notifications, drag and drop features, and the latest developments in SiriKit. With further guidance on beta testing with TestFlight, you’ll quickly learn everything you need to get your project on the App Store!
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with Swift 4 and Xcode 9, the building blocks of Apple development
- Get to know the fundamentals of Swift 4, including strings, variables, constants, and control flow
- Discover the distinctive design principles that define the iOS user experience
- Build a responsive UI and add privacy to your custom-rich notifications
- Preserve data and manipulate images with filters and effects
- Bring in SiriKit to create payment requests inside your app
- Collect valuable feedback with TestFlight before you release your apps on the App Store