Author: Gaurav Aroraa
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 21 Mb
Get up and running with C# 7 with async main, tuples, pattern matching, LINQ, regex, indexers, and more
Learn C# in 7 days with practical examples, build a foundation for C# programming, and boost your skills to an advanced level
This book takes a unique approach to teach C# to absolute beginners. You’ll learn the basics of the language in seven days. It takes a practical approach to explain the important concepts that build the foundation of the C# programming language.
The book begins by teaching you the basic fundamentals using real-world practical examples and gets you acquainted with C# programming. We cover some important features and nuances of the language in a hands-on way, helping you grasp the concepts in a fluid manner.
Later, you’ll explore the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) through a real-world example. Then we dive into advanced-level concepts such as generics and collections, and you’ll get acquainted with objects and LINQ. Towards the end, you’ll build an application that covers all the concepts explained in the book.
By the end of this book, you will have next-level skills and a good knowledge of the fundamentals of C#.
What You Will Learn
- Understand and set up the .NET environment
- Code in C# using the Visual Studio 2017 RC (preferable community edition) IDE
- Define variables, syntax, control flows, statements, and arrays etc through examples
- Understand the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming using C#
- Get acquainted with attributes, collection, generics, and LINQ
- Get your hands on class members such as Modifiers, Methods, Properties, Indexers, File I/O, Exception
- Handling, and Regex
- Build a real-world application using C# 7