Author: Gareth Dwyer, Shalabh Aggarwal, Jack Stouffer
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 26 Mb
Unleash the full potential of the Flask web framework by creating small to large and powerful web applications
Are you a fan of Python? Want to use it to create powerful web applications? Then Flask is the perfect choice for you. This course will take you through the intricacies of the Flask Microframework, covering all it’s components and elements and how to integrate it with useful third party libraries. Dive deep into what Flask has to offer and then you will create multiple Python apps from scratch on your own.
The first module will introduce you to web development using Flask to building fully functional web applications. Hands-on and pragmatic, this tutorial goes right to the crux of Flask by showing you how to build challenging real-world applications.
The second module introduces you to a number of recipes that will help you understand the power of Flask and its extensions. Start by seeing the different configurations that a Flask application can make use of. By the end of this module, you will have gained all the knowledge required to write Flask applications in the best possible way, and scale them with best practices.
The final module will walk you through advanced Flask topics while providing practical examples of for all your lessons learned. The module closes with a discussion of the different platforms that are available to deploy a Flask app on, the pros and cons of each one, and how to deploy on each one.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Flask By-Example: Gareth Dwyer
- Flask Framework Cookbook: Shalabh Aggarwal
- Mastering Flask: Jack Stouffer
What You Will Learn
- Build three web applications from the ground up using the powerful Python micro framework, Flask.
- Extend your applications to build advanced functionality, such as a user account control system using Flask-Login
- Learn about web application security and defend against common attacks, such as SQL injection and XSS
- Integrate with technologies like Redis, Sentry, MongoDB and so on
- Build applications with integrations to most of the login mechanisms available
- Don’t just stop at development. Learn about deployment and post-deployment
- Use SQLAlchemy to programmatically query a database
- Develop a custom Flask extension