Author: Otavio Salvador, Daiane Angolini
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 12 Mb
Embedded Linux Development using Yocto Projects – Second Edition: Learn to leverage the power of Yocto Project to build efficient Linux-based products
Optimize and boost your Linux-based system with Yocto Project and increase its reliability and robustness efficiently and cost-effectively.
Yocto Project is turning out to be the best integration framework for creating reliable embedded Linux projects. It has the edge over other frameworks because of its features such as less development time and improved reliability and robustness.
Embedded Linux Development using Yocto Project starts with an in-depth explanation of all Yocto Project tools, to help you perform different Linux-based tasks. The book then moves on to in-depth explanations of Poky and BitBake. It also includes some practical use cases for building a Linux subsystem project using Yocto Project tools available for embedded Linux. The book also covers topics such as SDK, recipetool, and others.
By the end of the book, you will have learned how to generate and run an image for real hardware boards and will have gained hands-on experience at building efficient Linux systems using Yocto Project.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic concepts involved in Poky workflows along with configuring and preparing the Poky build environment.
- Configure a build server and customize images using Toaster.
- Generate images and fit packages into created images using BitBake.
- Support the development process by setting up and using Package feeds.
- Debug Yocto Project by configuring Poky.
- Build an image for the BeagleBone Black, RaspberryPi 3, and Wandboard, and boot it from an SD card.