English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 20.5 Hours | 3.93 GB
eLearning | Skill level: All Levels
Master WordPress with this Complete WordPress Course, without learning how to code and without any programming!
It’s probably no surprise to you that the WordPress community has thousands of really talented and creative developers, designers and technologists working within it. And you may know that much of their work is available as open-source resources that will enable you to build your own business.
The open-source philosophy doesn’t mean that no one makes any money. On the contrary, by sharing much of what we, as a community, create, we all prosper much, much more, because we all share in expanding what’s possible with WordPress.
By spending zero-to-little money, you can stand on the shoulders of those who came before you, to create your own business niche, by learning the skills and secrets presented in this course.
Summary of what you’ll get
- Over 20 hours of video teaching and training.
- Learn to set up local development environments to play with WordPress websites in private, on your own computer.
- Evaluate and choose hosting for your own websites and client sites, with insights from 15 years of hosting client websites.
- Free extended hosting trials at SiteGround and Flywheel for performing coursework and hosting your website experiments.
- Premium Products WordPress Sandbox, where you can play with many premium WordPress resources, like Genesis Framework and Themes, WPMUDev Plugins, and other premium tools.
- Your Website Sandbox lets you create an unlimited number of experimental learning environments.
- Build more than 10 modern mobile-responsive websites, each with a different focus and learning purpose – each one could be re-purposed for a client website.
- Active and helpful community and forum.
What will I learn that I can apply to creating a profitable business right away?
- Download and configure free open-source software tools and use online services to build the resources you need to create and manage WordPress websites.
- Master the ins-and-outs of hosting and development environments, including servers, files, and databases that WordPress uses.
- Learn how to get into the WordPress files and database to manually manage installation and troubleshooting for WordPress websites.
- Build a simple brochure website after installing and configuring WordPress manually.
- Add contact forms, Google Maps embedded in the site, and Google Analytics integrations for tracking visitors and traffic.
- Create a blog-style website, including category and tag navigation systems, and post formats for organizing content.
How about more advanced topics I’ll need?
- WordPress website migration and moving sites to different hosts and servers.
- Hosting differences and migration services.
- Using staging areas for website development and updating.
- Working with Theme Frameworks and Child Themes.
- Creating a Child Theme manually and using a plugin.
- Customizing the WordPress Dashboard for clients.
- Working with plugins, and vetting them for usability, reputation and longevity.
- Website Speed and Performance testing.
- Custom Post Types for customizing a website’s functionality to match the needs of a client.
- Working with and extending Genesis Child Themes.
- Setting up email systems: transactional email sent by WordPress, marketing email sent to email lists in bulk, and specific email addresses at website domains.
- ECommerce and WordPress: using WooCommerce to build a webstore, and using Custom Post Types within WooCommerce.
- Customizing Account, Cart, and Checkout pages.
- Shipping and Digital Delivery.
- Updating WordPress, Themes and Plugins.
- Managing multiple websites for recurring income.
- Creating multiple backup and restore systems.
- Using website security through https:// and SSL Certificates.
Landing, managing, and keeping great clients
- Finding clients and building client proposals
- Website care and management services for recurring income.
- Client billing for flat-rate projects and recurring charges.
About this Course
1 What You Need for this Course
2 What Youll Learn in this Course
3 WordPress Business Basics – Tools
Prepare Hosting Servers and Install WordPress
4 Website Hosting and Development Options
5 Your Free SiteGround Hosting Account
6 Your Free Flywheel Hosting Account
7 Install WordPress Manually
8 Explore WordPress Files and Database
9 Get Your Sandbox
10 WordPress Defaults
Build a Brochure Site
11 Create a New WordPress Installation
12 Salts and Plugins
13 Static Homepage and Posts
14 Interior Pages Navigation and Sidebar
15 Configure Contact Form
16 Configure Google Maps
17 Configure Google Analytics
Build a Blog Style Homepage Site
18 Modify Homepage and Import Sample
19 Change Theme and Modify Homepage
20 Revise Navigation Header and Footer
21 Categories and Category Navigation
22 Tags and Tag Navigation
23 Post Formats and Finishing Up
Migrating WordPress for Staging and Development
24 Site Migration using Plugins
25 Migrate a Site Manually
26 Hosting Differences and Migration Services
27 Migrate a Live Site to Local Staging
28 Change Theme and Update Live Site
Premium Themes Frameworks and Child Themes
29 Why Premium Themes
30 Frameworks and Child Themes
31 Create a Child Theme Manually
32 Create a Child Theme Using a Plugin
33 Change the Admin Dashboard
34 Genesis Child Themes in the Sandbox
35 More Genesis Child Theme Edits
36 Code Snippets and WP Clips Plugins
Premium Plugins and Choosing Plugins
37 Premium Plugins at WPMUDev.org
38 Envato Market for Premium Plugins
39 Choosing Plugins from the Repository
40 Plugin Speed and Performance Testing
41 Premium vs. Lite Plugin Soliloquy Slider
42 Premium Plugins in the Sandbox
Build a Specialized Homepage Site Corporate Style
43 Executive Pro Import Demo Content
44 Genesis Homepage Widget Areas
45 Special CSS Classes in Genesis Themes
46 Navigation Header and Footer
47 Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
48 Featured Post Widgets and Blog Archive
49 Contact Form and Customizations
Build a Scrolling Homepage Site
50 Activate and Explore Cafe Pro Theme
51 Scrolling Navigation with Anchor Tags
52 Affinity Theme Scrolling Homepage
53 Cafe Pro Homepage Widget Layouts
54 How I customized the Café Pro Homepage
55 Custom Post Types with Custompress
56 Implement Your Custom Post Types
57 Homepage Content and Conditional Widgets
Custom Post Types with the Author Pro Plugin
58 Set Up Author Pro Theme and Plugin
59 Frontend Display of Author Pro CPT
60 Author Pro Homepage and Book Widgets
61 Further Author Pro Customizations
62 Book Cover using the PSD Template
63 Change Themes Preserving CPT Data
Email Systems Transactional Marketing and SendReceive at domains
64 Two Types of Internal Email Transactional and Marketing
65 Email Addresses at Private Domains
66 Transactional Email Setup with Google
67 Transactional Email Setup with SendGrid
68 Transactional Email Setup with SparkPost
69 Mailchimp Marketing and Autoresponders
70 Mailchimp Signup Forms and Opt-in System
71 Mailchimp Emails and Thank You Pages
72 Sandbox form with Genesis Enews Extended
73 Mailchimp and WordPress User Synchronization
Build an Ecommerce Site
74 WooCommerce Plugin Settings
75 Custom Post Types in WooCommerce
76 Account Cart and Checkout Pages
77 Payment Systems and Inventory
78 Shipping and Digital Delivery
79 Free Product and Store Customizations
80 Marketing List Sync and Store Emails
Managing Updates Security and Speed
81 WordPress Core Updates
82 Plugin and Theme Updates
83 Managing Multiple Websites
84 Hosting and Third Party Security Services
85 Security Plugins and Monitoring
86 Multiple Backups and Restore Systems
87 Using https and SSL Certificates
Proposals Maintenance Plans and Client Billing
88 Website Proposals that Win Clients
89 Website Care Plans Recurring Income