Author: Mark L. Murphy
Pub Date: 2018
Format: PDF/EPUB (ver. 8.12)
Size: 93 Mb
Do you want current information about how to develop Android apps? This book covers the latest Android Studio version and the latest version of Android, plus all the information you need to get your apps working on older devices. And, with updates coming every couple of months via the Warescription, you will keep up to date.
What’s New in Version 8.12?
For those of you who have read previous editions of this book, here are some of the highlights of what is new in the prose in Version 8.12.
- Adds more to the Android P coverage, including:
- A dedicated chapter on publising slices
- BiometricPrompt (as the replacement for FingerprintDialog, which itself replaces the now-deprecated FingerprintManager)
- WebView tracing
- New salvos in “the War on Background Processing”
- Updates much of the book to cover Android Studio 3.1
- Added material on the 1.1 release of ConstraintLayout, including groups, barriers, percentage constraints, and circular constraints
- Rewrote the fragments chapter to focus on the fragments backport
- Updated most remaining samples to use the fragments backport, for those that were not doing so already
- Converted some samples that were using ListView to use RecyclerView, and moved the RecyclerView chapter to be earlier in the book
- Added some material on the Chrome OS emulator
- Moved the material on SlidingPaneLayout to the Widget Catalog
- Made minor improvements to the chapters on Espresso, unit testing, and Ui Automator
- Retired the chapter on dynamic code, the chapter on Android Things, the chapter on SlidingDrawer (from the Widget Catalog), and the chapter on large screen strategies, as well as some other specific sample apps and their corresponding sections)
- Fixes a variety of errata and other miscellaneous bugs