Author: Mark L. Murphy
Pub Date: 2018
Format: PDF/EPUB (ver. 8.11)
Size: 85 Mb
Do you want current information about how to develop Android apps? This book covers the latest Android Studio version and the latest version of Android, plus all the information you need to get your apps working on older devices. And, with updates coming every couple of months via the Warescription, you will keep up to date.
What’s New in Version 8.11?
For those of you who have read previous editions of this book, here are some of the highlights of what is new in the prose in Version 8.11.
- Adds an appendix covering the Android P Developer Preview
- Updates the chapter on Android Things for the DP7 release
- Updates the chapter on ACRA to cover version 5.1.1
- Updates many samples to use the Support Library edition of fragments, in lieu of the native fragment implementation
- Updates the chapter on the fused location api to cover the newer API for getting location updates
- Updates the Maps V2 samples to their newer API
- Replaced all references to “Android Wear” with “Wear OS”, to reflect the branding change
- Removes three elaborate examples, with an eye towards moving them to Android’s Architecture Components (after a substantial rewrite):
- the dynamic tab sample from the chapter on advanced RecyclerView techniques
- the TinyTextEditor sample from the chapter on consuming documents
- the document mode sample from the chapter on tasks
- Removes the chapter on the percent library, which has been deprecated and supplanted by ConstraintLayout
- Removes the chapter on implementing a nav drawer, pending some future rewrite
- Fixes a variety of errata