Author: Mark L. Murphy
Pub Date: 2017
Format: PDF/EPUB (ver. 8.9)
Size: 85 Mb
Do you want current information about how to develop Android apps? This book covers the latest Android Studio version and the latest version of Android, plus all the information you need to get your apps working on older devices. And, with updates coming every couple of months via the Warescription, you will keep up to date.
What’s New in Version 8.9?
For those of you who have read previous editions of this book, here are some of the highlights of what is new in the prose in Version 8.9.
In this update, I:
- Added a new chapter on basic Bluetooth RFCOMM communications.
- Restored the chapter on Android Things (which had been pulled from Version 8.8) and updated it to DP 6.1, including the use of the Android Things Console.
- “Mainstreamed” about a third of the material from the Android 8.0 appendix into long-term homes in the other chapters. In particular, the chapters on notifications wound up with a significant overhaul to accommodate notification channels.
- Updated the MapsV2 samples to 11.6.2, including getting rid of the license notification requirements.
- Added a section on the Android Test Orchestrator, which did not involve timpani, much to my disappointment.
- Updated the chapter on working with the camera for the latest versions of CameraKit-Android (now under new management!) and Fotoapparat.
- Fixed a variety of errata
- Bulk-replaced various onCreate() methods on activities, that formerly took a Bundle parameter named icicle, to have the Bundle named state instead