Author: Mark L. Murphy
Pub Date: 2017
Format: PDF/EPUB (ver. 8.5)
Size: 85 Mb
Do you want current information about how to develop Android apps? This book covers the latest Android Studio version and the latest version of Android, plus all the information you need to get your apps working on older devices. And, with updates coming every couple of months via the Warescription, you will keep up to date.
What’s New in Version 8.5?
For those of you who have read previous editions of this book, here are some of the highlights of what is new in the prose in Version 8.5:
- Added a large new appendix on Android O, with light coverage of most significant changes and in-depth coverage of:
- The new attacks in “the war on background processing”, such as the ban on implicit broadcasts and the limited life of background services
- Notification channels
- Picture-in-picture mode for phones and tablets
- Multi-display mode, where you can run an activity on an attached TV, monitor, or projector
- The new user flow for apps that wish to install other apps via ACTION_INSTALL_PACKAGE
- A new chapter on Android O’s autofill feature
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements