Author: Kishore Gaddam
Pub Date: 2017
Format: EPUB/AZW3/PDF (conv)
Size: 29 Mb
Build intelligent and smart conversational interfaces using Microsoft Bot Framework
Bots help users to use the language as a UI and interact with the applications from any platform. This book teaches you how to develop real-world bots using Microsoft Bot Framework.
The book starts with setting up the Microsoft Bot Framework development environment and emulator, and moves on to building the first bot using Connector and Builder SDK. Explore how to register, connect, test, and publish your bot to the Slack, Skype, and Facebook Messenger platforms.
Throughout this book, you will build different types of bots from simple to complex, such as a weather bot, a natural speech and intent processing bot, an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) bot for a bank, a facial expression recognition bot, and more from scratch.
These bots were designed and developed to teach you concepts such as text detection, implementing LUIS dialogs, Cortana Intelligence Services, third-party authentication, Rich Text format, Bot State Service, and microServices so you can practice working with the standard development tools such as Visual Studio, Bot Emulator, and Azure.
What You Will Learn
- Set up a development environment and install all the required software to get started programming a bot
- Publish a bot to Slack, Skype, and the Facebook Messenger platform
- Develop a fully functional weather bot that communicates the current weather in a given city
- Help your bot identify the intent of a text with the help of LUIS in order to make decisions
- Integrate an API into your bot development
- Build an IVR solution
- Explore the concept of MicroServices and see how MicroServices can be used in bot development
- Develop an IoT project, deploy it, and connect it to a bot