Author: Christoffer Noring
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 10 Mb
Architecting Angular Applications with Redux, RxJS, and NgRx: Learn to build Redux style high-performing applications with Angular 6
Manage state in Angular to write high performing web apps by combining the power of Flux, RxJS, and NgRx
Managing the state of large-scale web applications is a highly challenging task with the need to align different components, backends, and web workers harmoniously. When it comes to Angular, you can use NgRx, which combines the simplicity of Redux with the reactive programming power of RxJS to build your application architecture, making your code elegant and easy to reason about, debug, and test.
In this book, we start by looking at the different ways of architecting Angular applications and some of the patterns that are involved in it. This will be followed by a discussion on one-way data flow, the Flux pattern, and the origin of Redux.
The book introduces you to declarative programming or, more precisely, functional programming and talks about its advantages. We then move on to the reactive programming paradigm. Reactive programming is a concept heavily used in Angular and is at the core of NgRx. Later, we look at RxJS, as a library and master it. We thoroughly describe how Redux works and how to implement it from scratch. The two last chapters of the book cover everything NgRx has to offer in terms of core functionality and supporting libraries, including how to build a micro implementation of NgRx.
This book will empower you to not only use Redux and NgRx to the fullest, but also feel confident in building your own version, should you need it.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the one-way data flow and Flux pattern
- Work with functional programming and asynchronous data streams
- Figure out how RxJS can help us address the flaws in promises
- Set up different versions of cascading calls
- Explore advanced operators
- Get familiar with the Redux pattern and its principles
- Test and debug different features of your application
- Build your own lightweight app using Flux, Redux, and NgRx